How to modify GlobalProtect app refresh timer?
Created On 01/22/20 22:56 PM - Last Modified 04/14/20 22:23 PM
In this document, we will learn how to modify the GlobalProtect (GP) app refresh timer to ensure the portal config changes are pushed to the GP app (client) more frequently.
- PAN-OS 8.1 and above.
- Palo Alto Firewall.
- GlobalProtect Portal.
- GlobalProtect app all versions.
- From Firewall GUI: Network > GlobalProtect > Portals > (select the configured Portal).
- Under GlobalProtect Portal Configuration, Click on Agent > ( Click the configured Agent).
- On the popup window, click on the App tab,
- in the App Configurations window scroll down to find "GlobalProtect App Refresh Interval (hours)".
- By default, this setting is set to 24 hours which the GP portal waits before it initiates the next refresh of an app's configuration. Click on the number and set the value as required at your network.
GUI info below: