Error: Failed to connect to User-ID-Agent at x.x.x.x(x.x.x.x):5009
Created On 09/26/18 13:51 PM - Last Modified 02/07/19 23:46 PM
Connecting to the Terminal Server Agent fails with the following error in the System Logs: "Error: Failed to connect to User-ID-Agent at x.x.x.x(x.x.x.x):5009". This document contains steps to connect the TS Agent to the firewall after receiving this error.
Follow these steps if the terminal server agent cannot connect to a firewall.
- Verify the configuration, which is explained in the following document How to Install and Configure Terminal Server Agent
- Verify that the listening port matches both on the firewall and the Terminal Server Agent.
- Verify if the firewall IP's is allowed in the list, if an ACL list is configured for the TS Agent. If the permitted list is configured for the management interface on the firewall, make sure that TS Agent is allowed in the list. Note: By default, these lists allow all IPs if a list is not specified.
- Commit the configuration on the firewall.
- Disable windows firewall on the machine, which has TS Agent installed to be able to connect to the firewall.