How to resolve mismatch of country-IP mapping?
Created On 10/08/19 20:39 PM - Last Modified 03/18/20 02:25 AM
Sometimes country ip mapping on Firewall does not match the actual GeoLocation of the IP Address. The article explains how to correct the same.
- Any PAN-OS.
- Any Panorama.
- Make sure device is updated with the last content version.
- Run show location ip <ip address> command to check the Geolocation indicated by the firewall. Example below.
>show location ip 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- Check the actual Geolocation of the IP address using external websites. Some listed below.
- If the result of external website and the result on the Firewall do not match, Content version needs to be fixed. Create the support TAC case for fixing the problem.
- As a work around till the content version is fixed, create a custom region with the correct location. ( GUI:Object > Regions )
IP-to-country-mapping is updated in weekly content loads. PAN-OS performs IP Address Region (Country) Mapping through an internal database which is updated weekly via content updates.