How to Create a Custom URL Filtering Report
This document describes how to create a custom report based on specific URLs or all the URLs a specific user or a group has visited.
Note: The url categories have to be set to alert/block actions to show up in the report/URL logs.
- Go to Monitor -> Manage Custom Reports
- Select the database as URL Log
- Add the columns that are of interest to Selected Columns
- For the query builder, if the report needs to show URLs related to a particular domain, enter the filter as url contains followed by the group or the user on which the report should be generated. If all the URLs are required for a particular user/group, select only the user.src field as the query.
Note: The query for a user is user.src eq 'username', whereas for a group it is user.src in 'group_name'.
- Click on "Run Now" and a report will appear. The following example is a report grouped by the user and queried on "w3schools":
- The report can be exported to PDF, CSV, or an XML and can also be scheduled by checking the Schedule checkbox in report setting.
Note: Make sure that URL Filtering and Log at Session End are configured in the security policy (Policies > Security):