How to Restart the Management server "mgmtsrvr" Process - WebGUI
- The WebGUI is sluggish or unresponsive
- Stale admin sessions are being displayed
- An authorization code has been entered but not activated or updated for a license
- Logs not showing in the WebGUI
- The CLI command show system resources displays the mgmtsrvr process consuming excessive memory
To resolve these issues, the management server process can be restarted.
Note: Typically restarting the management server process is non-impacting. However, it is always encouraged to perform during non-peak hours or during a maintenance window.
Use the following steps to restart the Management server process:
- Enter the CLI command:
VM-6.1> debug software restart management-server
PAN-OS 7.0 and above
VM-7.0> debug software restart process management-server
Note: This restarts the 'mgmtsrvr' process, if there are any logged in admins when this happens, they will be kicked from the WebGUI as well as the CLI.
- After a couple of minutes, please log back into the CLI
- Check the Management server process, by running the CLI command show system resources | match mgmtsrvr
> show system resources | match mgmt 2140 20 0 708m 484m 9828 S 2 12.9 8:13.06 mgmtsrvr