Transferring device ownership transfers the device from one Customer Support Account to another Customer Support Account. This process does not legally transfer ownership of the device from one Company to another Company.
3. Find the device, click on the Transfer Asset icon for the device.
4. To transfer to a user, enter the user's email address. 5. If this account is an ASC account, CSP gives you the option of selecting a destination account. 6. If an asset to be transferred is associated with logging storage, user will confirm removal of logging service. 7. Click Submit Transfer button.
If you transfer an asset to a user email address, the user can accept (or reject) the asset in his/her accounts. If you transfer an asset from an ASC account to another account, the transfer completes automatically; there is no need to accept the asset.
8. If accept or reject transfer of a device, go to Account Actions > Incoming Transfers.
9. CSP displays a list of incoming devices. Hover to the right of a device to accept or reject the device.
10. If the transferred device is accepted, CSP displays the device at the top of Network Security asset table.
To transfer a device using Devices
To transfer a device or spare to another CSP account:
Note: If there is a Cortex Data Lake subscription attached to the serial number, a pop-up screen will appear asking you to confirm that you wish to remove the logging storage prior to completing the transfer. When you confirm, the authorization code associated with that serial number will be removed from the database and the transfer will be completed as requested.
If the device has any cloud/tenant-based licenses (such as IOT, DLP, SAAS Inline) there would be no transfer option.
For a full list of other Support Portal User Documents, please click here: