How to allow/block Dropbox application
Created On 02/07/19 23:55 PM - Last Updated 02/07/19 23:55 PM
- Dropbox has both a web browser interface and a desktop client (a special folder).
- Traffic from both the interfaces is SSL based and is identified as ‘dropbox’ App-ID.
- To identify uploads and downloads:
- Configure a SSL decryption rule for the traffic and inspect the content inside.
- With the browser interface, decrypt the traffic and apply a file blocking profile to block upload, download, or both.
- The desktop client does not accept a MITM certificate and will fail to connect when SSL decryption rules are used.