How to Verify SNMP Functionality
A quick way to check if PAN-OS can be polled using SNMP is to use a MIB browser such as iReasoning. A free personal edition can be downloaded here.
- Configure SNMP version 2 using steps 2 and 3 in the document How to Configure SNMPv2 on the Palo Alto Networks Firewall
- The Interface being polled must allow SNMP service.
Note: If using an interface apart form Management ,please make sure that the Interface management profile associated with the Interface allows SNMP service.
To Verify if SNMP Polling with iReasoning software:
- Add the IP of the Interface being polled, making sure that the workstation can reach the Interface being managed via UDP port 161.
- Click the Advanced Button and Add the fields matching the ones configured through IMG 1, hit OK.
- Double Click the OIDs in the MIB browser which should fetch the Values for the OIDs.
- Using the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Not authorized to view the specified document 1744