How to Generate and Export Logs from the User-ID Agent (UIA) When the Firewall is Unable to Connect to UIA
Created On 01/28/19 02:38 AM - Last Modified 04/22/19 21:06 PM
- Generate and export logs from User-ID agent (UIA) for troubleshooting purposes
- Procedure is applicable to when the firewall is not able to connect with the UIA
- User-ID with User-ID Agent deployment type
- Workstation hosting UIA
- Set the Logging Level to Debug: Open the UIA and click on File > Debug > Debug
Note: Default level is 'Information'
- Wait a few seconds for a new connection attempt from the firewall. Look for the corresponding logs that are generated.
- Locate the log files by opening up the File Explorer context and navigating to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Palo Alto Networks\User-ID Agent". The file names are "UaDebug" and UaDebugOld"
- Copy the files to a separate location for analysis