Does GlobalProtect client for Windows Need WMI Service Enabled?
Does GlobalProtect client need WMI service enabled?
Yes, WMI is mandatory for GlobalProtect client in order for Windows to work as expected.
The following functions require WMI service:
– Hip collection
– Getting network interface index
– Getting network configuration
– Getting machine serial number
– Handling network suffix
– Handling internal Windows APIs.
Apart from the WMI, the following are also required:
– DNS client service
– Windows HTTP client service
– Windows installer service
– Base Filtering engine service
– Cryptographic services
– DHCP client service
– IP helper service
– Local session manager service
– Plug and Play service
– Winhttp web proxy auto-discovery service
The above services are not directly connect by GlobalProtect client. They are back-end of many Windows API, which GlobalProtect client use. Without this service, GlobalProtect might not install, run, or uninstall correctly.