- The management server process can be restarted using the cli command below.
FW-> debug software restart process management-server
- After a couple of minutes, please log back into the CLI
- Check the Management server process, by running the CLI command show system resources | match mgmtsrvr
FW-> show system resources | match mgmt
2140 20 0 708m 484m 9828 S 2 12.9 8:13.06 mgmtsrvr
The process should be displayed as above and both CLI and WebUI functions correctly.
- The cli command "debug software restart process management-server" will the 'mgmtsrvr' process.
- If there are any logged in admins when this happens, they will be kicked from the WebGUI as well as the CLI.
- Typically restarting the management server process does not affect the packet forwarding except that the admin will be kicked out.
- It is always encouraged to perform any process restart during non-peak hours or during a maintenance window.