How to Manage Your Support Case
Created On 08/07/20 15:48 PM - Last Modified 11/30/20 16:55 PM
Customers with Platinum, Premium, or Standard Support subscriptions may open a case with Palo Alto Networks Technical Support. If you have this permission, you may manage your case using the Customer Support Portal (CSP) > ‘Support Cases’ link.
In your existing and open support case, you can view your options in the ‘Manage Your Case’ tab. A case with the Case Status of ‘New’ will not have all of the options available.
- Recommended for critical cases - create a Web case, then call support and enter case number in automated system
- If you are unable to create a case for any reason, please request Login Assistance
- Case Management is not available to customers with Premium Partner
Customer Support Portal
Managing Your Support Case
You will need to access the specific support case from the Case List in the CSP. Access the case by clicking on the Case Number in the CSP Case Management view.
Once you have selected your case, the options available to you will be displayed in the ‘Manage Your Case’ tab. Note: If your case was just created, or is in a ‘Closed’ status, these options may not all be available.
Requesting a Case Update
If you need an update prior to the stated SLA response time, you may request an update using the form provided. Completing the form (with the Reason for the Update from the drop down menu and Additional Information in the free form text field) then Submitting the request will notify the Case Owner and their Manager. There will also be a public case comment placed into the case to record this request.
Changing Case Severity
If there are changes to the business environment, or other factors impacting the handling of the case you may change the case severity using the form provided. Severity may be adjusted up or down depending on the business environment. You will be asked to select the ‘New Case Severity’ and the reason for the change from the respective drop down menus. There is also an “Additional Information’ field to provide supporting comments for the scenario.
When completed, the Case Severity will be updated in the case, and a public comment will be entered.
Requesting to Close a Case
If you would like to close your case, you can request that action be taken. Select the ‘Close Your Case’ tab. Click on the button “Submit Request to Close Case” and the case owner will be notified, and the case status updated accordingly.
We have made some other minor changes to align actions to their specific functions:
- The ‘Request RMA Information’ button is now located within the ‘RMA’ Tab. If your case qualifies for an RMA, this tab will appear, and you may request RMA information at that point.
- The ‘Case Actions’ button has been removed. While convenient, the functions in the button were duplicated. As we have added additional functionality to manage your case, it made sense to relocate the Case Management features to a new and permanent home, as well as remove the duplicated items. The ‘Manage Your Case’ tab will contain actions you can take while your case is open. The Comment panel on the right side of the screen will still be present and show you the latest case comments.