How to clear the duplicate certificate subject found warning when issuing a commit command
Created On 02/08/20 21:39 PM - Last Modified 07/07/20 23:33 PM
This article will provide a list of the steps to delete the duplicate certificate(s) by editing the XML file.
- PAN-OS 8.1.11
- Valid certificates
This certificate warning will show up when multiple certificates with the same certificate subject are in the configuration.
- Save named configuration
- Export named configuration to the local folder/drive
- From the local folder or drive, using any editor (the examples below are from notepad ++), run a search tool to locate the duplicate certificate(s) (refer to the example)
- Delete the duplicate cert(s)
- Save the edited pre-running.xml file to post-running.xml then run a search tool again. The search tool will locate a single certificate (refer to the example).
- Import named configuration
- Load named configuration
- Commit the post-running configuration