How to generate a HAR file for troubleshooting
Created On 12/02/19 22:38 PM - Last Modified 04/01/20 17:18 PM
In some troubleshooting cases, information about network requests that are generated in the web browser while an issue occurs. HAR files can assist the Demisto Customer Success team analyze the issue.
- Open a Google Chrome browser and navigate to the page on which the issue is occurring.
- Access the Developer Tools section.
|MacOS||Click View > Developer > Developer Tools|
|Windows||Click Menu icon (three dots) and select More tools > Developer tools|
- In the Developer Tools panel, select the Network tab.
- Verify that the Record button Record button is red. If it is not red click it one time to start recording.
- Select the Preserve log checkbox.
- Click the Clear button Clear button to clear existing logs from the Network tab.
- While recording the network requests, reproduce the issue you experienced.
- After you reproduce the issue, right-click anywhere in the grid of network requests and select Save as HAR with Content.
- Save the file.