Validation error for URL filtering while committing firewall configuration
There are three possible scenarios where the error below can be generated:
1. Pushing Panorama's Template to the Firewall
2. Loading the config using device-state
3. Loading the config using a saved-snapshot
This error can be seen when the configuration that is being loaded either from Panorama or Device state or snapshot, has a component for URL filtering but the needed PAN-DB and/or Application and Threat is either not installed or outdated.
1. Make sure that we have a valid license for PAN-DB URL Filtering and/or Threat Prevention
Device > Licenses > License Management
See Also Activate Licenses and Subscriptions
2. Once the license has been installed, click on Download Now
3. Once the PAN-DB is installed, install all applicable needed software from Dynamic Updates.
4. Try to load the configuration again either of the followings:
- Push Panorama's Template to the Firewall
- Load the config using device-state
- Load the config using a saved-snapshot