Panorama Commit Lock Does Not Release After Commit Success
Created On 04/01/19 13:21 PM - Last Modified 05/14/20 21:39 PM
- Panorama running PAN-OS 8.0.x and later
- Commit lock does not release after commit success
- “Automatically Acquire Commit Lock” enabled under Panorama > Setup > Management > General Settings tab
- Any Panorama.
- PAN-OS 8.0 and above.
When "Automatically Acquire Commit Lock" is enabled, the device wide lock will be taken automatically on the first write (i.e., when a superuser does any change in the firewall). If this is the case, the lock will not be removed when Partial Commit is done on Panorama.
- Remove "Commit Lock" manually
- This can be done by clicking on the lock icon (next to Commit), select the Appropriate Admin and click "Remove Lock"
- Do a device-wide commit
- This can be done by clicking on Commit > Commit to Panorama and select the radio button for "Commit All Changes" and proceed with Commit
If "Automatically Acquire Commit Lock" is enabled, when multiple admins make changes to the same device group, the Commit Lock will be taken by the administrator. However, if any of the admins try to do a partial commit, it will throw an error "Other administrators are holding device wide commit locks."