How to Run a PAN-OS Web UI Debug
Created On 09/27/18 10:16 AM - Last Modified 02/07/19 23:36 PM
- Login to the Web UI of the firewall.
- Open a new tab in the same browser and navigate to https://<ip address>/debug.
- Hit the 'Clear debug' button - to clear any existing debug on the screen
- Switch to the regular Web UI tab and reproduce the issue (for example, if traffic logs query is taking long, then query traffic logs).
- Go back to the debug tab and hit the Refresh button.
- Uncheck the Debug button.
- Copy entire debug output and paste it in a text file. Attach it to the case with the timestamp (when the error occurred) gathered in step 5.
Note: As an alternative, a tech support file can be generated since the debug log will be saved in /var/log/pan/php.debug.log