What is the Default Timeout Value for URL Override and Continue page?
The default value for the URL override and continue page is 15 minutes.
To modify the values from the CLI:
- Go into configuration mode
- To set the override timeout
# set deviceconfig setting ctd url-admin-timeout <1-86400 minutes>
- To set the continue timeout
# set deviceconfig setting ctd url-coach-timeout <1-86400 minutes>
To modify the values from the GUI:
- Go to Device > Setup > Content-ID
- Edit the URL Filtering section
- Make changes to the appropriate fields
The override and continue functions are:
- URL Admin Override Timeout - Specify the interval after the user enters the admin override password before the user must re-enter the admin override password for URLs in the same category (range 1 - 86400 minutes, default 900 minutes).
- URL Continue Timeout - Specify the interval following a user's “continue” action before the user must press continue again for URLs in the same category (range 1 - 86400 minutes, default 15 minutes).
Note: The override and continue functions are per category, not per page. If the override function is used for a specific website, and the user went to another website in the same category, they would still be able to access that second site as long as they were within the default 15 minute time limit.