How to Enter Maintenance Mode on the M-100
Created On 02/07/19 23:42 PM - Last Updated 02/07/19 23:42 PM
Maintenance mode provides support for error recovery and diagnostics, and allows you to reset the firewall to factory defaults.
- Connect to the serial console port on the M-100 and open a CLI session
- Login and enter the following command: request restart system
- Wait for the following messages to appear:
- Shortly after, the display will show a "Welcome to the PanOS Bootloader." message with the words, "Hit any key to stop autoboot..." At this point hit any key (ex. space bar) on the keyboard, and then type maint when prompted.
- A menu (see below) will be presented. Select PANOS(maint) on the menu with the arrow key and press <Enter> to select.