How to Migrate Panorama to a Different VM Server
Created On 02/07/19 23:46 PM - Last Updated 02/07/19 23:46 PM
Cortex Data Lake PanoramaResolution
Panorama has 3 possible options at install:
- Create a very large disk partion and install Panorama and DB (Seldom used)
- Create 35G partition for Panorama and then an external Disk, up to 2TB for log storage.
- 35G Panorama image and log to NFS mount.
If option 2 is performed, then follow one of the steps below to migrate the logs:
- Take a snapshot of the log partition and move it to the new server.
- Have the old Panorama do a new NFS mount. Migrate the existing logs to the NFS mount. The new Panorama can just mount the same server/direct.
- Use SCP to retrieve logs from the old Panorama and transfer to the new server (or another device).