How to license a Palo Alto Networks VM-Series firewall without internet access
Created On 05/07/19 08:52 AM - Last Updated 05/07/19 09:12 AM
Steps to activate a license for a Palo Alto Networks VM-Series firewall installed on an ESXi server that does not have direct internet access.
- Access the web interface of the firewall. Navigate to Device > Licenses and click Activate Feature using Auth Code
- Click Download Authorization File to download an authorizationfile.txt file on the client machine.
- Copy the above file to a computer that has access to the internet and log into the support portal. Click My VM-Series Auth-Codes and select the applicable auth-code from the list.
- Then click Register VM
- On the Register VM popup window select the authorization file. This will complete the registration process and the serial number of the VM-Series firewall will be attached to the record on the support site.
- Navigate to the My Devices tab and search for the VM-Series device just registered and click the PA-VM link. This will download the VM-Series license key for the client machine.
- Copy the license key to the machine that can access the web interface of the VM-Series firewall and navigate to Device > License tab.
- Click Manually Upload License and enter the license key. The license will be activated on the device and the device will reboot.
- Log into the device and confirm that the dashboard displays a valid serial number. If it is unknown it means the device was not licensed.
- On the Device > Licenses tab, verify that the PA-VM license was added to the device.