Tour the New Live Community (video)
Welcome to Palo Alto Networks Live Community!
Let’s take a quick tour of the new community so you can get started right away.
If you've been in the community before, you'll notice that we've made a lot of improvements recently, so please hang out with us for a few minutes to see what we have now.
There is so much going on in Live, so how do you get started in finding the information you need? You navigate!
Navigation made easier than ever
Hover over one of the top navigation options and dive into Live.
For every navigation drop down, on the left, you can browse all the menu’s options, click and go – but before you do, take a quick peek on the right panel where highlights and quick links are presented.
Features guides you to important community information like how to get started in Live, the hottest knowledge base articles, and the Community Blog. You can learn about our yearly customer event, Ignite, our Japan community, our Academy program and browse our Dev Center for API articles.
Do you want to check out the latest discussions about Palo Alto Networks? Or do you have a question to ask the community? Go to Discussions. If you are not a member yet, you have to register to ask a question or comment on ongoing discussions. Let’s click on one of the latest discussions.
- If English is not an easy language for you, we have recently implemented dynamic translation on the site. Select the language of your choice to read and type your answer in that language.
- Do you have the same question? Click on Me too so we know this is a question or discussion of interest to a significant amount of users.
- Like the discussion topic? Click the Like button.
- And if you have a comment or a response to the question, go ahead and hit Reply.
- Do you want to be kept updated on the status of discussion? Go to topic options: Subscribe to the discussion to get email notifications when a reply is posted, or bookmark if you just want to save it for easy access at a later time.
Check out all the knowledge base, let's click on “Learn more” under Next-Generation Firewall. You will see the Featured Topic, latest articles and the categories at the bottom. Let’s select one of the latest configuration articles. If you found the article helpful, at the bottom of the screen you can like it, mark it as helpful, or you can comment on it or choose all 3. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Are you looking for access to the Migration Tool? Go to the Tools section.
A few quick tips for the Live Community
Search is another great way to get started. Go to Live’s main page and start typing your search term.
Search results will appear as you type.
Select from one of the suggestions if it seems right or click search to access all the results on the search page.
From there you can refine your search with different parameters like date, metadata, views, likes, etc.
As mentioned earlier, you can bookmark or subscribe to a discussion. You can do the same for an article.
Click on an article.
You can see who authored the article and when it was published, as well as when and who edited the article last, so you can check the time validity of the article.
Read through it.
- On your right, you will see who contributed to the articles as well as recommendations for similar articles.
- Like it? Go ahead and click on the thumbs up.
- Was it helpful for you? Just click yes to let others know.
- And if you have anything to add to the article, provide written feedback or make an addition or a suggestion, post a comment.
And last but not least, bookmark it for easy access.
Subscribe to it to receive email notifications.
Email to a friend.
This is where you can manage your subscriptions and access your bookmarks, as well as set up your email notifications.
OK – that was the quick tour.
One last but very important thing before we let you discover Live.
If there is one community asset you should subscribe too, it is the Community Blog. The community blog is where the Weekly Recap is posted. Get the latest and greatest news in one shot, Discussion of the wWeek (DotW), and Tips and Tricks for your Palo Alto Networks products.
Select blog options and subscribe.
OK, now it is your time to explore the community!
Oh, and if you ever need any help, just hit the green “Get Support” button in the upper right of the window.
Inside the Support section, you will see Get Community Help on the left. Inside, you will find a link to https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Getting-Started/Common-Palo-Alto-Networks-Support-Questions/ta-p/215947 in case you have any site issues. You'll also find some useful shortcuts.
And on the right side you will see ways that you can contact customer support either by submitting a web case, or by giving customer support a call.
Please enjoy the site!
This is Joe Delio, signing off.
For more info
See Jeff's blog for more information about the new look and functionality of the community!
If you've been with us for a while,Jeff's blog is a great way to help transition from the old to the new.
Welcome to the new community!