Forwarding PA-7000 Logs to Panorama
A new capability or feature introduced in PAN-OS 8.0, forwarding PA-7000 Logs to Panorama. The PA-7000 series devices can forward their logs to Panorama in the same way it is done for other Palo Alto Networks devices.
Administrators can increase the log retention of their PA-7000 devices by adding storage capacity on Panorama or Log Collectors to meet their retention requirements.
To meet high log forwarding rate requirements of a 7K, the following changes are introduced in 8.0:
Sending Side (Firewall):
- Logs can be forwarded directly without local writes (only on 7K).
- Pack and compress more logs on a given send block.
Receiving Side (Panorama/Log Collector):
- Logs from the firewall can be forwarded to ALL the log collectors instead of just the preferred one in the log collector group.
- On M-100 and M-500, there will be an option to configure the unused 1G and 10G interface respectively for receiving logs.
- On the PA-7000, Log card interface will be used for log forwarding to Panorama/LC
Changes on the PA-7000 side
- High-Speed-Log Forwarding Mode (HSFM) is introduced for PA-7000 series firewall
- By default HSFM is OFF
- With HSFM, there would be no local logging and reporting and all the logs will be forwarded to Panorama/LC
Note: Summaries, scheduled reports, scheduled log exports, and offline indexing will not be available in this mode.
- PAN-OS 8.0
- PA-7000 Series (PA-7k series)
To learn more about this topic or PAN-OS in-general, please checkout the TechDocs PAN-OS Landing page