How to collect Traps Agent support files (logs) from the Endpoint
When opening a Traps support case, please provide the relevant Traps support files (logs). There are two common ways of collecting Traps agent logs from the Endpoint.
Traps Version 188.8.131.5283
Send Support File from Agent Console
- Connect to the Endpoint (EP).
- Open the Agent Console
- Click Send Support File.
- Connect to the Endpoint Security Manager (ESM) Console.
- Follow next flow: Monitor > Data Retrieval. Here you can find the Endpoint Computer Logs that were uploaded.
- Click on Download and Save. Please do not rename the Logs File Name.
- Open the folder and upload the Logs Zipped file to the case.
- Collect Send Support File on the Endpoint when no connection to server or Upload State Failed.
- When the Traps Agent does not have a connection to the ESM server
- Or there is a connection indication on the Traps agent console but 'Upload State Failed' can be seen on the ESM Console at: Monitor > Data Retrieval.
- The logs can be found on the EndPoint at C:\ProgramData\Cyvera\Everyone\Temp
- Windows Vista and above.
- For windows XP at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cyvera\Everyone\Temp.
Collect Endpoint Support Files with GetLogsUtil
Limitation: when Sprot is enabled on the Endpoint the Logs file created by the GetLogsUtil will not include ClientPolicy.XML that should be included in cases related to Events, Rules, Policy and compatibility related issues.
ClientPolicy.XML can be found at:
Windows Vista and above in C:\ProgramData\Cyvera\LocalSystem
Windows XP at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cyvera\LocalSystem
- Download the file attached at the end of this article to the Endpoint.
- Extract the file GetLogs_184.108.40.20691.zip
- Next is the result of extracting it from the downloads folder to C:\Users\Win7_86\GetLogs_220.127.116.1191 folder
- Run CMD as Administrator.
- Go to the path you have deployed GetLogsUtilAgent into by "cd Path"
Example : cd C:\Users\Win7_86\GetLogs_18.104.22.16891
- Then run next command in CMD : "GetLogsUtilAgent.exe"
The result will be a Zipped Logs file where GetLogsUtilAgent is deployed
The user can choose the destination of the logs with the next command: "GetLogsUtilAgent.exe destination".
- Please upload the Logs Zipped file that was created to the Case.
When the GetLogsUtil is deployed on a network folder it can be used from the different Endpoints that have access.