How to Block Google Chrome
This document describes how to block Google Chrome on a Palo Alto Networks device.
Note: For this process to work for HTTPS sites, SSL decryption needs to be configured. To configure SSL decryption, see How to Implement SSL Decryption.
- From the Objects tab, navigate to Applications and select "Add":
- In the Application window, fill out the required categories. These are: Name, Category, Subcategory, and Technology. Choosing a Parent App and Risk is not required. An example is shown below:
- On the Signature tab, enter a name for the signature and (optionally) a comment for the signature.
- Select "Transaction" for the scope.
- Add an OR condition with the following settings and select OK:
- Operator: Pattern Match
- Context: http-req-headers
- Pattern: Chrome/
- Press OK again and commit your change.
Security policies can now reference the custom application. Once a security policy is added to block the custom application, "Chrome", new sessions will be blocked.