Error on Commit from Panorama After Migrating Firewalls from BrightCloud to PAN-DB
If managed Palo Alto Networks firewalls are migrated from BrightCloud to PAN-DB but Panorama still has BrightCloud, an error may occur when trying to commit from Panorama to the firewalls. The commit error that may appear is:
template > Shared Template > config > devices > localhost.localdomain > deviceconfig > system > update-schedule > url-database Not available for PAN-DB.
- Disable the shared policies/object and templates settings on the managed devices
- Go to Device > Setup > Management tab
- Edit Panorama Settings and click 'Disable Panorama Policy and Objects' and 'Disable Device and Network Template'
- Do a local commit on the manage devices
- Change the URL-Filtering database on Panorama and managed devices by running the following command (on Panorama and the devices):
> set system setting url-database (data base name)
- On Panorama, run the following commands:
# delete template <template name> config deviceconfig system update-schedule url-database
- Enable the shared policies/object and templates on the managed devices and commit
- Push the template from Panorama to the managed devices.